ITSLIQUID Group, in collaboration with Venice Events and ACIT Venice – Italian-German Cultural Association, is pleased to announce the open call for FUTURE LANDSCAPES, second appointment of BORDERS – Venice International Art Fair.
BORDERS Art Fair, curated by Arch. Luca Curci, will be presented in Venice at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space, at Palazzo Albrizzi-Capello and in other prestigious venues from October 15 to November 29, 2020.
The first edition of BORDERS Art Fair took place in Venice in 2016, in the same period of the 15th Venice Architecture Biennale, presenting a great selection of more than 500 art and architecture works realized by 180 artists and architects, coming from 36 countries. Never as this time the concept of the exhibition seems to be epochal: since 3 months, the humankind coexists at a distance to stay closer. The new invisible borders generated by the covid-19 are creating new ways of living everyday life, new human connections, re-thinking common spaces and entire cities. Could the new “borders” be the solution?
BORDERS Art Fair consists of 3 main events: BODIES+CITIES SKIN (July 23 / August 21, 2020), FRAGMENTED IDENTITIES and FUTURE LANDSCAPES. We are now selecting artists for the following two upcoming events:
– FRAGMENTED IDENTITIES from September 03 to October 02, 2020 at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space and from September 04 to October 02, 2020 at Palazzo Albrizzi-Capello
Deadline for applications is August 02, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
– FUTURE LANDSCAPES, from October 15 to November 29, 2020 at THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space and from October 16 to November 29, 2020 at Palazzo Albrizzi-Capello
Deadline for applications is September 03, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
The participation includes the following services
– exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
– assisting in finding accommodation for artist
– the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– a dedicated interview published on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
– a printed catalogue that will include all the participants
Artists interested in taking part in our shows, are free to be sponsored and supported by institutions, organizations, governments and their representers; the logos of their sponsors will be included in all the communication (digital and print) of the events. Artists are free to take part in one or more events.
Artists, photographers, video makers, architects and performers are invited to submit their works. To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/films/performances and pictures via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of works you can submit is unlimited. The participation in the festival requires an entry fee only for selected artworks. Participation is open to: artists, architects and designers, associate groups and studios.
Deadline for applications September 03, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)