OPEN CALL FOR CURATORS IN FINLAND
THE HELSINKI ARTISTS’ ASSOCIATION IS LOOKING FOR A CURATOR FOR AN INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION EXCHANGE PROJECT
Applications: 16.5. – 30.06.2018
Deadline: 30.06.2018 midnight
When: August 2019
What: An international contemporary art exhibition exchange between the Helsinki Artists’ Association and the Slovakian artists’ society Publicum.
This project launches the Helsinki Artists’ Associations international exhibition exchange program. Our first exchange partner is Slovakia. The exhibition exchange partner and country will change annually.
The Helsinki Artists’ Association is searching for a curator to select and curate an exhibition of Slovakian artists. The exhibition will be held at Gallery Rantakasarmi on the island of Suomenlinna in August 2019. The curator will work in collaboration with the Slovakian artists’ society Publicum, present in Bratislava and Trnava in Slovakia. Additional programming and events will be organised during the Helsinki Festival, which coincides with the exhibition.
The curator from Finland will choose the Slovakian artists and the Slovakian curator the Finnish artists to be exhibited in Slovakia. The curator will travel to Slovakia to meet with the Publicum artists’ society and artists in the autumn of 2018. Based on this visit the curator will select artists for the exhibition at Gallery Rantakasrmi in August 2019.
Applications are accepted from curators residing in Finland. Please submit your application and tell us why you are interested in this particular project, as well as your vision for the exhibition. Applications must also include a preliminary timetable, as well as budget with your salary request.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com by 30.06.2018 midnight (EEST). Late or deficient applications will not be accepted. Links to websites are not enough. The application can be sent in either Finnish or English.
• The ability and interest to work together with various collaborators in an international setting.
• Fluent spoken and written language skills in Finnish and English.
• Commitment to realising the exhibition exchange.
• A contract will be made between the Helsinki Artists’ Association and selected curator. This will outline the project timetable, budget and salary.
– Applicant name and contact details
– CV (max two A4)
– Open application (max one A4)
– Preliminary timetable and budget which includes the curators salary. (max two A4)
– Supporting material from previously curated projects (max 3 exhibitions shown in pictures and a short synopsis of each exhibition. Links to video samples that are no longer than 3 minutes.)
– Applications are accepted in both Finnish and English
Application deadline is 30.06.2018 midnight (EEST). Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Kuraattorihaku”. Applications can be a maximum of 2MB and in PDF form.
The Helsinki Artists’ Associations international workgroup will select a curator in July 2018. Applicants will personally be notified of all decisions via e-mail in early August 2018. The selected curators name will be announced on the annual report as well as on the Helsinki Artists' Societies website.
For additional information:
Inka-Maaria Jurvanen: 050 67756, email@example.com
Alex Suomi: 040 501 9439