Kunst im Dialogue (Art in Dialogue)
From 26 July – 5 August 2018 we organize “KUNST IM DIALOGUE” (ART IN DIALOGUE) in the South-German city of Landshut. In this city we have 5 locations for our exhibitions: Galerie 561, Photo-Galerie Litvai, Rathaus (City hall), Rochuskapelle (Medieval chapell) and Röcklturm (Medieval tower).
The concept for "KUNST IM DIALOGUE" is a juxtaposition, indeed an examination of works of art, which have been created in different corners of the world. Each of the 5 different exhibiton locations in Landshut will have its own theme, to which the works of art reflect on. The international open call will list the 5 topics from which the artist chooses a topic that he/she will explore from his/her own point of view. These are issues that concern us all and to which we all have an opinion, they are: climate change, migration, human rights, visions and chatbox (=theme free; where artists can show art about any subject of their liking). The submitted works will be judged by a jury. This in order to create all the freedom for the artists to express his/her opinion, but still be able to insure a high of the artworks. About 60 contemporary artists will be showing their works during this exhibition. All media is welcome; paintings, installations, videos, performance, etc, etc.
How to apply?
Applying is easy; send an email too: GV2014@stichtingwhitecube.nl before 28-2-2018. Your email should include:
• Your name
• Your residence
• Your nationality
* Which category you like to participate: climate change, migration, human rights, visions or chatbox
• What would you like to present (plans are allowed max. 250 words)
• A short statement about your art (max. 100 words)
• Plus max. 5 jpeg’s of your art (photos of the art you want to show and/or photos that represent your artistry) (email max. 2MB please!)
Terms and conditions
• Applying is for free, however;
• Each artists is responsable for the costs of sending and returning the artwork(s),
• Transport and storage of the artworks will be at your own risque, the stichting cannot be hold responsable for damages, etc.
• At the stichting only vollunteers are working, therefore we cannot compensate you in the costs of materials, travelling, etc.
* We arranged accommodations for each artist at the local Youth Hostel, depending on our fundings price per night can vary from 0 – max. € 25,-.
* For artists outside the EU we can offer (if we get the nececairy budget) a small travel compensation,
• These terms and conditions are based on the prospect of getting the financial budget needed for this project. If we cannot get the necesary budget details of this project and the terms and conditions can change, all selected artists will be informed in time about any changes,
• The stichting will do everything within their power to assist or aid artists in obtaining individuals grants at their home-countries to participate in this project,
• If an artwork is sold, we charge 30% commission,
Applications only too: GV2014@stichtingwhitecube.nl
DEADLINE: 28 February 2018
Around 15 March 2018 we will inform each artists about the selection
For information/correspondence etc. please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org