BIG AWARDS 2019
The aim of the B.I.G. Awards is to give emerging artists who are looking for gallery representation in Barcelona in Spain an opportunity for recognition, exposure, and professionalization. Artists will be appraised for the quality of their proposal and concept, so you do not need to have a great curriculum to be chosen.
30 artists will be selected and exhibit their work in an art gallery in Barcelona from mid-September to mid-October 2019.
B.I.G. Awards is a joint initiative by CAGE Gallery and Contemporary Art social media influencers, with the following prize for the winning artists:
· Collective exhibition at CAGE Gallery for the 30 selected artists (one piece of art by each artist).
· Art Studio residence in Barcelona (food and lodging not included)
· Exposure via social media on diverse Contemporary Art platforms.
· A winner will be chosen out of the 30 selected artists and the first prize will be gallery representation, a solo exhibition at CAGE Gallery and 1,000 Euros in cash.
· Three honorary prizes from our sponsors.
· Contemporary Painters Curator (Pau Marinello)
· Art Supporters Curator
· ARTTYCO curator
· Julieta Luna (Museu Picasso Barcelona)
· Annette Merrild
· CAGE Gallery – Curator
· Vicente Moreno
WHO CAN APPLY?
Artists and enthusiasts of any nationality (over 18 years of age)
Please send us your completed Application Form as well as
– 1 JPG image of your chosen artwork. You may also send up to 2 additional images of related artworks (optional). The title of each image should feature your name, the title of the artwork, measurements, and technique.
– A Brief Statement (150 words maximum)
– Your CV is not required, however, you could write about your artist career in your statement.
– Link to your website or social media page
Painting, Drawing, Photography, Sculpture, Mixed media, Digital
SIZE OF ARTWORKS
The size of the artworks should not exceed 60x90cm (A1 size) for the 2D pieces, and 40x40x40cm for sculptures.
SALE OF ARTWORK
All artwork selected for the exhibition must be for sale to the public and its value must not exceed 1,500 Euros.
CAGE Gallery’s commission structure is 30/70: the artist receives 70% of the listed/retail price and the gallery receives 30%.
If your work is selected by the jury, it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver the artwork to the gallery, as well as covering the shipping fees and taxes. You will also be responsible for ensuring that it is framed and/or gallery wrapped and ready for display.
*B.I.G. reserves the right not to inform participants of non-selected artworks of the reason for their decision.
USE OF IMAGES
B.I.G. reserves the right to publish images of all artwork selected by the jurors on our websites, as well as other advertising channels, in order to promote both future competitions and the artwork.
Competition opens: April 1st, 2019
Early Bird: April 1st – May 15th, 2019
Late applications: May 16th – Jun 30th, 2019
Results announced: between August 1st to August 15th
All selected artworks must be delivered to the Gallery between September 1st and 15th
Exhibition opening: During Barcelona Art Week: 26th to 29th of September.
The 30 selected artists will be announced on our social media pages and notified by email.
*B.I.G. reserves the right to declare the competition deserted.
B.I.G. Awards reserve the right to change competition deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.