The New Flesh - Residency (May - Sep)
The New Flesh is an artist residency programme that commissions emerging artists working with moving image to produce new works using the facilities and costumes at Academy Costumes. The works are presented through LUX, one of the UK’s leading organisations for artist’s moving image.
We are seeking applications from artists working with moving image to take part in a 4 month residency (May - Sep 2019) at Academy Costumes, one of the UK's leading costumiers for stage and screen.
The selected artist will receive:
* a daily wage for three days per week (total £4800)
* a production budget (to be assigned according to artist's needs)
* a desk studio space at Academy Costumes
* access to costumes and facilities at Academy Costumes
* access to a film studio
* mentoring from artists Jennet Thomas and Molly Palmer, and staff at LUX
* a solo presentation, and online screening of their work at LUX
* presentation of their work Berwick Film and Media Art Festival 2019 (TBC)
Deadline - Monday 6th May, midnight.
Please follow this link for details of how to apply - www.new-flesh.com/apply
Please note that this opportunity is intended to support early career artists. We will be looking for an artist who is underrepresented in education and exhibition history, and are very likely to select somebody who has NOT completed an MA. However if you have completed an MA, but can demonstrate how this would be a significant advancement in your career (for example it would be your first solo presentation of work) then please apply.
Artist will be selected by Georgie Brinkman (Curator, The New Flesh), Benjamin Cook (Director, LUX), Peter Taylor (Director, BFMAF) and Jennet Thomas (Artist, Reader in Time Based Media and Performance) in the week commencing 6th May.