NAUESTRUCH RESIDENCY OPEN CALL
What is L’Estruch?
L’Estruch, Fábrica de creació de les arts en viu, is a Sabadell council equipment with more than twenty years path that reaches a broad spectrum of the contemporary artistic practices. L’Estruch is distinguished by searching permeability amongst disciplines such as dance, circus, visual arts, performance, sound experimentation and technologic development. Its results nourish the international artistic circuit but also other spheres as the social, academic or industrial ones.
Nauestruch is the specialized area in visual arts and performance, with specific attention in proposals that work with body politics.
Which are Nauestruch residencies’ goals?
- Supporting artistic practice.
- Supporting the professionalization of the artistic sector.
- Being a space for exchange between Sabadell, its cultural context and its resident artists.
- Establishing links between local artistic community and others from national nor international ones.
- Blurring limits among disciplines, genders or the diversity of cultural manifestations. - Creating a temporary group of work and decision made up by the residents.
Which is the period of the residency?
From one to six months between January 7th to July 23th of 2018 to be aferres with Nauestruch.
Who is addressed to?
Artists, curators, researchers and collective projects of any origin. A maximum of 5 residents will be selected.
What does Nauestruch offer?
- Working space depending on the needs of the project.
- Accommodation in a shared room.
- Transdisciplinar working environment.
- A contribution for the production of the project to be agreed with the curator. - Conceptual assistance for the development of the proposals.
- Introduction in the cultural context of Sabadell and Barcelona.
- Promotion and dissemination made by Nauestruch.
Which are the criteria?
- Quality and interest of the proposal.
- Influence and advantage of the residency in the moment of the artist trajectory and on the development of the project.
- Long-term residencies and overnight stays will have priority.
- Working calendar.
- Projects where Sabadell has an specific attention.
- Projects that make a best use of Nauestruch infrastructure or its social resources.
- Interest, availability and engagement of the applicant with the training, relationship and cooperative activities of Nauestruch.
Which are the conditions of the participation?
- A return in form of an activity or presentation of any kind of the work made during the residency. These activities will be included in the programme of L’Estruch.
- Engagement in being part of several activities of dissemination of the production processes, meetings an collective work sessions nor the training programme, considering them as constitutive part of the residency itself.
- The signing of a form that will regulate the space cession where calendar, schedules and spaces used will be specified as well as rules and the compensation agreed, is case it happens.
- Including the logotype of L’Estruch in all dissemination materials related to the residency.
- The unfullfilment of these agreements, by the artists or selected collective, will automatically cancel the space cession and all the contributions to the project and residency.
Marc Vives, curator of Nauestruch
Roberto Piqueras, artist from Sabadell Obert 2016-17 Manel Rodríguez, director of L’Estruch
For further information of the spaces, services, length and typology of the residencies, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
More information of past residencies (http://www.tea-tron.com/estruch/blog/ residencixs/)
How to apply to a residency of this open call?
Copy the following form to the body of the e-mail message, fill it up with your requests for the residency and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject should be the number and name of the open call.
A portfolio or dossier should be attached to the e-mail where a description, calendar of the residency and a CV of the artist or collective should be included. (Only PDF format, maximum 10 pages and no more than 3MB).
Admission period for applications: from September 28th to October 30th 2017.
Selected projects will be published on November 12th 2017 on L’Estruch website www.lestruch.cat
APPLICATION FORM FOR THE RESIDENCY
Number and name of the open call: 3. VISUAL ARTS/PERFORMANCE Name and surname of the applicant:
Name of the company or artist:
Name of the project:
Contact e-mail address:
Contact telephone number:
Kind of space needed:
Proposed dates for the residency:
Rough schedule of the use of working space:
Links to previous works: