Excellence in Printmaking Goes National!
Since 2004, The Washington Print Club has joined with the Washington Printmakers Gallery and its nonprofit arm, The Washington Print Foundation, to award an annual Excellence in Printmaking student prize. The aim of this award is to encourage printmaking and the use of traditional, non-digital techniques. Originally a regional award and exhibition, we are excited to announce this year’s exhibition as the first National Excellence in Printmaking Exhibition. Our juror this year will be R.L. Tillman, artist, teacher, and curator based in Baltimore, MD; founding editor of PRINTERESTING.ORG, and full-time faculty member in the printmaking department of Maryland Institute College of Art.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
Applicants must be:
• an undergraduate not more than four semesters (40 credits) from graduation OR a MFA degree candidate, a declared major or minor in printmaking, or have taken at least 2 courses in printmaking,
• attending an institution in the continental US. (US residency is not a requirement),
• 18-24 years of age by February 1 2012 Prints must be:
• Primarily hand-pulled. Primarily digital or photographic processes are not allowed. Digital or photographic processes may be used in addition to the primary hand-pulled element.
1. Please CAREFULLY read the criteria of eligibility for this exhibition. Submissions that are not qualified will NOT receive a refund.
2. To apply, visit https://client.smarterentry.com/ WashingtonPrintmakers and sign up for an account. This part of the process is FREE.
3. Click “Register for Shows,” and select “Excellence in Printmaking 2012.”
4. Pay for your images: $15 for the first 3, and $5 for each additional image.
5. Upload your images. Be sure to include the title, date, media, and size of each print.
6.If you wish to change the images you submitted or update your information, you may do so until the end of the entry period (12/31/12, 11:59 pm) by logging back on the link above.
1ST PRIZE: $500; a one-year gift membership in the Washington Print Club to the winning artist and their University Art Department.
2ND PRIZE: A one-year gift membership to the WPC and a $50 gift certificate to Plaza Art Supplies
3RD PRIZE: A one-year gift membership to the WPC and a $25 gift certificate to Plaza Art Supplies